Sunday, March 30, 2008

WYOMING!!! HOME!!! WHOO HOO!!! (this may be boring, sorry)

I had the chance to go home over Easter Weekend! I had not been there since September, and was homesick for the mountains, family and friends!
Sooo... in an effort to make my blog more interesting when I came home I tried something new while I was there, mostly for giggles for everyone that Read's this. Hope you enjoy! (Yes, Brother Read I am finally updating my part of the blog! Hope you enjoy.)
Thursday - So I was supposed to leave Omaha about 12:00 and that would put me pulling up to my brother Jared's house between 8 and 9 on Thursday night. Work was crazy and I did not leave until after 12:00, then I had to drive to Missouri, 2 hours away, to pick up my Nephew John. I got there at about 3 because I was not ready to leave yet and ran around throwing things in bags and rushed out the door about 1:30.
John and I left my parents house about 4:15, which is 3:15 in Wyoming. That should have put me there at 12am. However, I did not get to my brother's house till 4am! AHHHHH, what a long drive, especially since the whole time my nephew slept next to me for 7 hours of it. When he was awake all he did was bug me about stopping for food. 19 year old boys are crazy!
Friday - Anyway, I woke up around 7:30 - 8. Played with my nieces and nephew, gave them their Easter gifts, cause I could not wait, and colored with them. As a side note Crayola Color Explosion Books are AWESOME! I had so much fun with the kids and theirs that I bought some for me and my roommates. If you want to try give me a call, you can come over, or I will mail you one!
We went to Saratoga, Wy that evening to swim in the Hot Pools. (for those of you who don't know it is a natural hot spring that the community has built into a pool.) Everyone swam around, we went down to the river and my brother and nieces walked in and out immediately. The river had ice and snow floating in it, and they froze their feet. I teased them that they had blocks of ice on their feet when they came out. Then we went to dinner at "Stumpy's" in Saratoga.
"Stumpy's" is where the trying new things comes in... My brother talked me into eating Rocky Mountain Oysters. If you don't know what that is I am sorry, but I am not going to try and explain that in a blog... Believe it or not they are not bad... you should try them some time... just don't think about what they are while you are eating them and you should be ok... I talked my sister-in-law Mandy into trying them, for $5. My 7 year old niece ate one, but about died when she found out what they were, then made us all promise we would not tell anyone that she ate that part of a bulls anatomy. The crazy things we do for amusement! Thank heaven for toothbrushes and toothpaste!
Saturday - Met my Best Friend Cindy and her family for lunch. Met my friend Erin, her roommate and my friend Shala and hung out for a few hours catching up, laughing and reminiscing about the old days. Then back to my brothers where we built a fire in the the backyard, with a few feet of snow around us and roasted marshmallows and made smores. Cold, but very FUN!!! Then we had dinner from my FAVORITE Restaurant "Su Casa" (thanks Jared and Mandy!). Then I went with my brother to clean the oil refinery, his second, or third job, I lost track.
Sunday - Church in the morning, and then on my way about 1pm. Picked up John at his mothers house in Burns, WY and got on our way... about 3:30 (4:30 NE time). 1am again, if all things would go well... but I was on a road trip and that usually does not happen. I ended up needing to take my nephew back to my parents that night (who again slept most of the day). We got to my parents around 2:30am - and headed home. Got to Omaha about 4am, took a shower and went to bed... then was up at 6 for work. Monday was long, and difficult, but it ended.
Now back to the grind stone.
I will add some pictures later...
P.S. "Believe it or Not" by Joey Scarbury is a great driving song.

2 comments:

Becky said...

SIGH... Su Casa sounds so D@mn good right now.... good times...good times in Rawlins....

again..I sigh....

(betcha never thought I would EVER say that!)

AmyNPyper said...

I never, never, never thought I would hear that. We should meet in Rawlins one day just to go to Su Casa!
Good time... good food... good fun!